Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Its the Thought That Count

The sun was shining, it was a beautiful day. There were cotton clouds in the sky with a gentle wind blowing our way.
We lay in the grass and talked for hours, our conversations were deep but it never turned sour.
We had a picnic basket full of delights.
I had made everything and all of it just last night.
Fresh fruit, ripe berries, little sandwiches, cheese on crackers.
We ate and savored each bite, until out bellies were full and hearts full of laughter.
I kept thinking what a wonderful day, could this be for real?
I wanted to pinch myself, I could never make such a meal.
That’s when I opened my eyes and realized I was sleeping,
So I thought to myself for moment…
And then I thought for a little while longer
Finally
I turned to my love who lay there beside me and so loving asked
“What’s for breakfast? ”
Well it was the thought that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment